Here are the rules for the Over the Top award:
-Answer the questions below.
-Pass it on to five people.
1. Where is your cell phone? On the desk right next to me
2. Your hair? Is up
3. Your mother? Is in Miami... and I'm totally jealous!
4. Your father? Is with my mother!
5. Your favorite food? Crab Legs
6. Your dream last night? Sadly about how we found Sammy.
7. Your favorite drink? Water
8. Your dream/goal? To become a Radiologist!!! But for the time being a Radiology Tech:)
9. What room are you in? My Kitchen
10. Your hobby? School HAHAHA Sad I know
11. Your fear? Losing my Hubby, Son or anyone in my family.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Working somewhere doing Radiology!!!
13. Where were you last night? Went to dinner with my hubby and my son and then came home and did a movie with my hubby so HOME.
14. Something that you aren't? Organized!
15. Muffins? They're ok
16. Wish list item? That the next 6 months goes by FAST and SMOOTH. And that I can finish school QUICK!!! Oh and that I get accepted to my program QUICK!!!! No too much on this wish list!!
17. Where did you grow up? Northern Illinois
18. Last thing you did? Cleaned up from dinner
19. What are you wearing?Work out cloths
20. Your TV? Has sesame st on it
21. Your Pets? SAD subject right now..... Lets just say we are down a pet and LOVING that much more on the one we have now.
22. Friends? Only a few who I really consider to be "true"
23. Your life? Is pretty crazy right now.
24. Your mood? Ok... for the moment ;o)
25. Missing Someone? My sister
26. vehicle? Honda Odyssey
27. Something you're not wearing?uummmm.......
28. Your favorite store? Wal-Mart
29. Your favorite color?Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? Its been a while
31. Last time you cried? Yesterday
32. Your best friend? My hubby... And Grace
33. One place that I go to over and over? School and Home
34. Facebook? Addicted!
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Here are the rules for the Over the Top award:
Posted by Brittany at 6:30:00 PM
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Posted by Brittany at 3:32:00 PM
Sunday, January 17, 2010
As most may know (or hay maybe even not know) my hubby got shipped off to Haiti on Wednesday. I got a phone call about 10am with Rob saying "Britt I have till 1 to get my stuff packed and get back to base". Yes just 3 hours to pack your stuff say good bye and get back to work. Now mid you we live 30 mins from base so REALLY he only had 2 hours to complete this task at hand. We did it to say the least... because really there isn't any other choice in the matter. We stopped by Robbies school and Robbie has about a 1 min good bye with Daddy and he didn't even know what hit him till after we had left his school. He had a COMPLETE brake down. My poor son felt like the people over in Haiti... Like his WHOLE world just came crashing down, and to a point right now he still feels like that. I took Rob to work so that I could drive his car back home so it was not sitting on base. I just remember walking away from his work thinking to myself... This is when the true test is going to start.... To be honest I LOST it.... I gave myself 5 mins to lose it and then picked myself back up and said to myself its time to be strong. I know you might be reading this and thinking how selfish you are... Losing it just because your husband is going over to help people who are in need and just lost what little they did have. But I lost it for so much more then just the pure and simple fact of my husband leaving... I lost it because I was going to have to go home to my 4 year old son who I knew would be a COMPLETE wreck himself, I lost it because of ALL that my husband was going to endure (even though I knew deep down he was BEYOND excited to be able to go over and do what he calls "Doing God's work"), I lost it because for the first time in my husbands carer he was going to be put in the "danger" zone and I would have NO way of knowing unless I got a knock at my door, I lost it because of the unknown of EVERYONE over in Haiti. I pray day in and day out that God keeps EVERYONE over in Haiti SAFE. I know what they are doing over there IS NOT EASY.... I have been able to have some e-mail contact with Rob since he has left and the things that he shares with me is GUT WRENCHING... You think what you see and hear on the news is sad or bad... Well when you are hearing about it from the eye its self its HEART BREAKING. This will most defiantly be a life changing experience for Rob and ALL the men and women over there helping. I ask that you keep EVERYONE over there in your prayers.
As far as Robbie and I go... Well Robbie is NOT doing well with this at all. He is not use to not being able to talk to daddy at least when he leaves. We just yesterday started getting e-mails from Rob, but he gets frustrated with those sometimes because he can not hear daddy or see him. Even though he does know that it is daddy writing the e-mails. So pray for him too. Another thing that makes it so hard is to know that Daddy is gone now. But when he gets home he is going to be truing around and deploying for 6+ months... So needless to say I have been trying to get him ready for that too. Needless to say we pretty much will not be seeing Rob till the end of the year. Just keep everyone in your prayers. Thanks everyone!!
Both of these photos are taken of Rob's Helo and loading supplies onto it for dropping off to people in need!!
Posted by Brittany at 11:14:00 PM
Saturday, October 31, 2009
I was getting ready to sign into my e-mail account and I saw this:
by JJ Virgin
"Someday," you say, "I'm going to get my health back on track, after this next project," or "when I get back from my cruise," or "when the kids get a little older" ... C'mon, you know your list of reasons -- or what I call EXCUSES -- better than I.
Look, if you're waiting for some magical day to appear, you just may be waiting forever. These days do not "show up"; you show up for THEM. I have identified five critical areas, bad habits that many people mindlessly follow. Do you realize that each and every day of your life that you do not reverse these dangerous trends, you get farther and farther from your ultimate goal of living a fulfilling life?
Take a look at each area, determine how you stack up, and then make the fix today:
1) Stealing from sleep: Studies show that a minimum of seven to nine hours of uninterrupted sleep (at night) are essential for health. Sleep is the time when your body repairs and recovers from all of the metabolic processes that your body performs every second. Sleep supports healthy weight management, raises growth hormone, and heals the adrenals. If you are watching TV, working on your PC, or otherwise stimulating yourself so that you are unable to go to sleep by 11 PM, then establish the Power Down Hour and turn to more relaxing activities like baths, light novels, or cuddling with a loved one (or pet!) at least an hour or two before bedtime. Then ... retrain yourself to sleep through the night.
2) Skipping breakfast: How many times do you find yourself dashing out the door to start your day, only to discover that you forgot to eat? Listen, your body has just "fasted" overnight, and in order to fuel yourself for the day (and lower stress hormones), you must eat a balanced meal that includes proteins, fats, and carbohydrates. Otherwise, your body will turn on itself for fuel, and it isn't fat but muscle that it's going to target ... which will cascade into a very nasty sequence of health consequences that will make you fat, old, and tired before your time.
3) Blowing off exercise: If you think you can manage your health and weight through dietary means alone, it won't work. Period. Exercise is crucial for stimulating proper physical and hormonal response necessary for building muscle and bone, burning fat, letting you sleep, keeping you young, giving you energy -- the list is endless. More important is the CORRECT type of exercise, which involves high-intensity interval training, along with resistance workouts. If you can't find 20-30 minutes a day to incorporate these exercises into your life (oh yeah, that is ALL you need, by the way), then you can kiss your health goodbye.
4) Noshing at night: Strapping on the feedbag in the evenings basically signals your body to hold off on burning existing fat stores, raises stress hormones before bedtime, and screws up your body's natural digestive processes at a time when it should be ready to shut down and repair. If you are eating in a hormonally-balanced way during your evening meal, there is absolutely no need to munch afterward.
5) Not counting your beverages: One of the craziest things I encounter in my work is the lack of consideration of high-calorie, high-sugar drinks in the diet. Yes, those healthy "Jumbo Juices," designer coffee slurpees (hey, they may as well be, given all the sugar in them), and those harmless little cocktails every night, especially those fruit-flavored martini and tequila drinks, can really pack on the pounds in a hurry. Make the switch to healthier options like iced green tea -- or, my favorite, Emergen-C -- for some sparkling mineral replacements that not only satisfy, but also fuel and nourish!
Now if this is not a HELLO WAKE UP CALL for you then YOU just are not ready for a health life style!! I love it when I am down and just not feeling like doing much, I get one of these to pick me up and remind me that I NEED to do SOMETHING....... SO get off your butt, STOP eating your late night snack (especially all that Halloween candy that the kidos just got) AND DO SOMETHING rather then nothing and make an excuses not to or to do it later.......
Posted by Brittany at 10:14:00 PM
Saturday, October 10, 2009
So I got a phone call yesterday from Bed Bath and Beyond to come in for an interview. It has been quite some time since I have had a job let alone a job interview. I am beyond nervous and am REALLLLLY hoping that I do get this job. Between me going to school now, Robbies school rates went up and bills in general things are coming down to the niddy griddy. I just want to help start putting forth with our finances. So if all could pray that the job interview goes smoothly and that I would be offered the job and MAYBE even a higher spot other than cashier would be good too. I have worked at BBB before so I know the ins and outs of it but again it has been almost 5 years since working here. Thanks for your prayers I will let you all know how it turns out!!!
Posted by Brittany at 9:24:00 AM
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
I will fit into and be able to zip my own wedding dress BY CHRISTMAS!!!!! It is sad to say or even think that my body is BIGGER then the day I got married. Now I know that for some or most women this is just the same for them... They can not fit into their wedding dresses. Well for those of you who didn't know I was almost 5 yes FIVE months pregnant when I got married so for me this is VERY sad to say. I do know that a HUGE part of the problem is the fact that when I did get married I was in a high B... Low C cup for my bra size but now.. Now I am a BIG D and haven't been able to shake that size even after loosing 15lbs. So with this said I WILL fit into my wedding dress BY CHRISTMAS ZIPPING IT ON MY OWN!!! I am joining you here Hollie on a path to goals!!! This is just the start of mine though more will soon follow this goal!!! Thanks for the good ol' kick in the butt:) YOU TOO BETH!!!
Posted by Brittany at 11:10:00 PM
Friday, August 28, 2009
Just some of the things we have been up to in the last few weeks:)
A night at the beach for some ice cream
A ride in Uncle Franks new car (LOVING the fact that he had not top over him)
Playin at the beach
A night of go carts with his cousin
Throwing in a little work out
At Bounce You with a friend that came to visit us for a few weeks
Robbie coloring daddy pics while he was "playing tag with the bad guys"
Robbies first denist visit!!
Robbie with Daddy and Uncle Dan going out on the "boon doggie"
Robbie shoping for some Birthday party stuff
All summer long it has been GO GO GO... ALL day EVERYDAY. I cant belive how quick summer went by. Where did the time go? I am now back to school Robbie will be back to school come Sept 8th and hopefully things will be a little more "normal". The last few weeks have been well as you can guess BUSY.... Camping, Birthdays, Birthday partys, family in town..... What can I say it has been a VERY fun summer with LOTS going on:) Heres some photos of updates. I will be posting Robbies Birthday party pics soon:)
Posted by Brittany at 9:59:00 AM