Thursday, January 24, 2008

Now what???

That is how I feel. Rob has gone back to work today after having over a month off of it!! I feel lost, I don't know what to do with my time now. I guess I have to find my own routine again and get back into my own grove. It is just hard when you haven't had it for over a month. I think I am going to work on getting rid of some stuff to set up for a garage sale this spring and also sitting down with Robbie everyday now and work with him on letters and numbers and stuff like that. Also his pody training!! He is doing pretty good with it. He has been doing it for about a week some times he goes with no problem but other times he starts to dribble in his "daddywear" (underwear) and goes "OHHHHH MOMMY I GOTTA GO TO THE PO PO PODDY" !!!!(Big Boy Poddy). Over all he is doing an AWSOME job at it and it is something that we will just keep working on!! Question though what the heck is the difference between the training pull ups and dippers?? How have they worked for you and your kidos??? Are they a wast of money?? Right now we still put Robbie in the dipper when he goes to bed other then that he is in his daddywear or just running around with a long shirt on (this is when he does best). For some reason when he goes around with no daddywear on he can go all day with going to the bathroom in the toilet but you put underwear or even just some pants on he dribbles in them and then goes to the bathroom. Any poddy training advice is VERY much welcome and appreciated!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

We are a "no pull up" family. I think we are blessed though...becaues none of my girls have EVER wet the bed. Strange...I know. But I typically wait to potty train them until they are very close to three or show MAJOR signs of being ready. I think that for our family that works best. They are ready, can feel when they have to go and can hold it through the night. I don't know the difference between pullups and diapers except you "pull up" the pull ups and put on the diapers??? I think someone else might be able to help with that.

We use cloth so we will probably use trainers...but then again I am not sure about that either.

I am not sure this helps! But the others will have more help!

Anonymous said...

There is really no difference between the pullups and diapers, so which ever you chose for bedtime really just depends on your preference. I would defintly not use them to train during the day though, but it doesn't sound like your doing that anyway. If you think he's doing really well during the day maybe try nighttime too and put a crib pad underneath him so you aren't changing sheets constantly.

Keep at it, it sounds like he's getting it, and one day very soon he won't even be dribbling!! Your doing a great job!! :0)