Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Military


Robbie with Lindsey


A trip that we took to Ft.Lauderdale FL to see our husbands while out to sea





I now know what the biggest thing about Military that I do not like. I HATE when friends of mine move away. See when you first move away from home it is hard because you are leaving your family and friends from home, but the differance with moving away from home and moves in the Military are this. When you move from home you KNOW you can come home and your family and friends are going to be there you can always go see them. But when it comes to Military moves you never know if you are going to see that person or not. You dont know if you are going to ever be stationed together agian. It is hard to become friends with people when you are a Military spouse because you are on the move ever 3-4 years. Well I m sorry I dont know about you but for me it takes a good year and a half to 2 years for me to REALLY feel comfortable with someone and call them a real friends. Well I found a REALLY good friend named Lindsey when we where stationed here (in Virginia)back in 2005-2006. Rob and her hubby where stationed on the same ship together and we where the only two goof balls of wifes standing out by the ship when it was pulling out of port one day. I looked at her she looked at me and we where pretty much insepebal from there on out. We did everything together when our husbands where gone (which was a lot). Well when Rob found out that he was going to be picked up for OCS it broke my heart to know that not only where we moving but now I am moving from my friend AND her husband was going to be deploying (Which Rob was due to too). Well we moved and we stayed in touch. Then Rob finished all of his training and we got word that we where going to be able to move back to Virginia. I was so EXCITED because that ment that I was going to be able to move back to a friend that I have missed so much! Well today that friend of mine is moving back to Texas because her husband is going out on deployment again here soon and he will be getting out soon after his deployment. I am so sad to see her leave but so happy that she will finaly be able to go back home to all the family and friends that she once had to leave. So Lindsey I hope that you have a safe and happy trip home!! GOOD LUCK. I will miss ya Homie!!! XO

0 comments: