Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas?

Ok So we have been going to the mall a lot lately and I have noticed here and there that some stores are decorating for Christmas earlier then usual. Well last night I made a VERY late trip to Walmart and while there I noticed that I was singing along to a Christmas song. I stoped dead in my tracks and said to myself " I haven't even eaten Thanksgiving dinner yet" I think it is REALLY sad that it seems like we are just by passing Thanksgiving to get right to a "money spending" Holiday. I think stores are just getting everyone in the mood of Christmas so that they start spending money sooner. I m sorry but I just CAN NOT get into the mood of Christmas till at least the day after Thanksgiving. Is anyone else noticing this? And if you are does it bother you?

3 comments:

Hollie said...

When I went grocery shopping around the 1st they were playing Christmas songs at Wal-Mart. I thought it was a little early for it also, HOWEVER, tonight Jeremy and I finished most of our Christmas shopping!!! Woo Hoo for organization!

Bonnie said...

It does bother me!! I agree. Christmas should not be celebrated until the day after Thanksgiving. Then it's official ;o)

Unknown said...

Oh, no-no-no-no-no! Come on people where's your spirit! I am the type of person that could listen to Christmas from the beginning of November till the last day of December! That doesn't excuse the fact that you still can't celebrate Thanksgiving. Maybe in just a "higher" spirited mood! ;-)