Wednesday, September 12, 2007

One year ago is when it ALL started.

Today marks the one year of everything that has happened with Joey. At this time last year Rob and I had JUST moved down here to FL. We had just gotten here on the 10 of September. When we had gotten down here we had to go straight to the ER due to the fact that I had started bleeding VERY badly. We went to the ER only to find out that the guys was going to do a ANOTHER pap on me (my 2nd one in 3 weeks). When he came back into the room he had told me that I had an infection and that is why I was bleeding. He put me on some meds and sent me "home" A.K.A the hotel because we didn't have a home at this point we where living at the Navy Lodge on base. So I went "home" did what I had to do with the meds and went to bed. The next day was crunch time to find a place because at this point we had a budget truck that HAD to be back by the next day (we are now on Sept 11 (2006)). So while Rob went to unload the budget truck with ALL of our stuff I went out house hunting. A girl I had meat previous to us moving down here at Rob's OCS graduation had help me by getting on line and looking up different house in our price range for us (take into mind we where renting). I called her up and she gave me the name and number to 4 or 5 different renters. AWESOME the first one I called was able to get me in to look at it THAT day!! Cool so I went to look at it. She knew our situation with HAVING to get into a place ASAP. So she gave keys on spot and said we would work everything out later!!! AWSOME so now I have a place to live, Rob and another guy came and unloaded the BIG stuff into the house that night. The stuff that we would not be able to take back to the house without the budget truck. So we finished to the unloading of the truck and went back to the Navy Lodge for yet another night. The next day I was Cramping from the min I woke up. We went and got some food, did a little bit of running around and it kept getting wrose. At this point we where at the budget rental place returning the truck. I told Rob that when we leave here we have to take another trip the the ER cause I am cramping REALLY bad and want to get this looked at. Yeah he said no prob. We where at the budget rental place for a while because we where getting a credit on our truck because of some MAJOR issues we had with it on the way down here (braking down on the side of the road for 6 hours is what it was to be exact). Well while waiting I had to go the the bathroom so I went to the bathroom and had noticed that I was starting to bleed a little bit more so knowing that I was going to the ER I went back out to the car to get another pad. Well when I opened the door to the van I felt like I was peeing my pants and just couldn't stop. I RIGHT away knew what was happening. I waddled as fast as I could to go tell Rob what was happening. I got inside and told Rob WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW. MY WATER JUST BROKE. Thankfully we where right around the corner from the Navel Hospital. Got into the ER they got me back to a room and used the little test strips to tell if my water really had broken and indeed it had. I just started to loss it. I don't remember a whole lot after all that happened. I do remember a lady telling me "Well be thankful that you have one beautiful baby." I looked at her and said "NO I have two beautiful babies now get me up to the baby floor where they know what they are doing",I remember them talking about wanting to do ANOTHER PAP but didn't have the tools nor the ability to do so. And I also remember Rob and Lisa (the lady that had helped find a place to live) going in and out of the room cause they where PISSED at the fact that it was taking them so long to get me up to the labor and delivery floor. Those are the few things that I remember. about what happened after I got to the ER. I then got moved up to the labor and delivery floor about an hour or so after getting to the hospital. When getting up there I met LT. Taylor. this lady helped me through a lot of this. She was the mid wife type of lady for that floor. She is the first one that took me into a room to do the pelvic exam. After all that I got moved to a room where I was told that I would be on COMPLETE bed rest (laying down) so that we could try and regain some water around Joey. That was pretty much my fist day in the hospital with Joey. I am going to cont. to post some of what my days where like for the next few weeks. I have never typed out my story with Joey before and I think by doing this it will help me remember all of what really did go on and help me look at the good that did come out of all of this.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Britty,
You are in my prayers daily. Thank you for sharing your story with us, as difficult as it may be. You are an extraordinary person with a fabulous family.
Praying continously
Jori

Hollie said...

My Dear Britty...
I can't say enough how very proud of you I am! You are such a strong woman, a wonderful wife, and a fantastic mother! God has great things in store for you, continue to lean on Him during this hard time! Allow yourself to feel the pain of your loss! I wish I could be there to wrap my arms around you and hug you so tight!!! I love you and am praying for you!!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."
~Jeremiah 29:11-12

Beth said...

You're in my prayers, Brittany! I am thankful that we got to hang out this summer and kinda get to know eachother. I think it's wonderful that you are sharing your story.

Erin said...

I had no idea that our lives last year were moving in opposite directions so quickly on the same day. This day last year I have to say was one of the hardest for me because our future was uncertain but now I am ashamed to even speak that into existance because in comparison to your day mine just seems....trivial. I pray for you daily and will continue to pray. The same God who allowed me to have these five girls is in charge of your life and if there is one thing that I know for certain it is that his plan is for good. Its says so. And I will claim to that promise for you!

I will say it again...I wish you were celebrating Joey's birthday.

Beth said...

I think women who have lost babies should get together and make a "top ten list of things not to say after someone loses a baby"...just a thought I was thinking after your one sentence about someone saying, "atleast you have one beautiful boy". I could add a few that were said to me too.

Hollie said...

Just a note to all who read Britty's blog... October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. If anyone knows anyone who has lost a child due to miscarriage, stillbirth or newborn death maybe you could send them a little card letting them know you're thinking of them!

Rebecca said...

You are so brave Brit! I am sure that sharing your story may help a lot with the healing process & may even bless someone else who has been or is where you are. God uses those terrible times for His glory & will turn your bad into good. {{hugs}}