Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2 years ago today.....

My family and I where pulling into the state of FL to begin our new adventures of the officer's world. We where being stationed here because Rob had already been accepted to OCS (Officer Candidate School) and gone through that. Now where where going to start his schooling for NFO (Navel Flight Officer). Well when we got to FL I had started bleeding again (at the time I was 3 months pregnant).

Back tracking here to mid Aug. We had just gotten back to Virginia from Florida from Rob's OCS graduation with my parents. They came back to Virginia to help us re-due our WHOLE house so that we could put it up for sale. Well one of the days around Aug 18th or so I had my first Doc appt for my pregnancy (I had it this late in the game due to being in IL for the first 2 months). My mom and Robbie where the one's to go with me for this one. At this apt they did all the normal stuff they would do at your first doc apt, listen to the heart beat, do an ultrasound, and you guessed it a pap. Well when they told me that Dr. Steven Miller would be doing my pap I was NOT happy with that (because I don't let any guy do that kind of stuff to me) so I asked for an experienced FEMALE to do it. Oh did I tell you Dr. Miller was a trainee too??? Yeah he was I was going to be his first one to "practice" on. Anyway the lady who I ask if I could have an experienced female do it said "yes I can do it if you would rather have me do it" I said " yes anyone other then a guy who doesn't know what he is doing". So with that I layed down, now mind you I already had the heart beat thing done and Joey was good at 152 beets a min!! Then I already had, had my ultrasound too. Everything looked GREAT the tec said. Then Dr. Miller came in asked me some questions and walked back out, this is when I asked for the female doc. Dr. Miller came back into the room at which point I was already laying down with my legs up and the drape thing over my legs and I heard HER say "We are going to get started now ok Mrs. Razzano". I said "ok". With that I felt everything you usually feel when they put the ducky thing in you put I felt SO MUCH MORE. It HURT and it HURT BAD.... It hurt so bad that I just slowly started crying. The next thing I heard changed my life forever. Out of the mouth of Dr. Steven Miller I hear, "Mrs. Razzano have you been bleeding"? I peeked up and SAW DR. MILLER DOING MY PAP. I WAS PISSED to say the least. I asked him 'What the HELL are you doing down there"? He replied with "I am doing your pap mam". I then told him that "I had, had NO problems with this pregnancy until he put whatever he just did into me". My mom had told me that she was on the other side of the curtain with Robbie and she peeked around to see what was going on and she said that they where pulling swabs of blood out of me. So with that said everything was done I bleed for 5 or 6 days after that pap and COULD NOT sit down for the 1st day of having it done.

Now back to coming back to FL. I had started bleeding again so before we even checked into our hotel (because we had NO place to live when we first got down here) we took a trip to the ER because of my bleeding. Well in the ER they did yet again ANOTHER pap even though I had JUST had one a couple of weeks ago and they said I had so sort of infection and to use this cream for so many days and to follow up with my OB doc if things didn't get better and set me off. That night I just cried myself to sleep. This was the start of my very VERY rocky road.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh Brittany!! Sending you so many hugs!!!!!!

That's funny you say that, because when I had my miscarriage before I was pregnant with Casen...I went in for a pap and then it was all over. Everything was fine until then.

Brittany said...

I will NEVER have a pap done again if I know that I am pregnant. I try so hard to talk people out of them now if they find out they are pregnant.