Friday, September 12, 2008

2 years ago today.....

We woke up to what seemed like what was going to be an everyday normal day. We woke up and started doing some running around that needed to be done. First on our list was to check out of the hotel and get the moving truck back to Budget so we didn't get charged with any late fee's. Well while stopping along the way to get something to eat I started to feel a little crampy, I told Rob this and said that I would like to get it checked out (because I was still bleeding at this time). So we got done eating our breakfast and headed over to the base to hand in our truck. Well while we where there, we where there a LONG time due to the fact that our truck had broken down on us on our way to FL leaving us on the side of a 6 lane high way and NO bathroom. So Rob was want some type of discount on the truck. Well I had gone to the bathroom a few times while we where there and every time I went to the bathroom the bleeding seemed like it was just getting worse. I told Rob this and we had decided that the ER was going to be our next stop. Well in between that and going to the bath room AGAIN and going out to the van to get myself another new pad my water broke in the parking lot of budget. At first I had just thought I had started peeing then then quickly realized that I was not peeing my water in fact was broken. So I walked as fast as I could (Rob was sitting on hold with some one from budget) and opened the door and just screamed my water just broke Rob I don't know what to do. ... Help me..... Rob then picked Robbie up and got him into the van and drove me to the hospital as fast as he could. Thank God we where right next to it just about a block down. We got into the doors to the ER and my pants where just soaked. They asked me how they could help me and just said "Somethings wrong I m only 19 weeks pregnant and my water just broke". The lady told me not to be scared. I m sorry how could I not be scared I haven't even hit the 1/2 way mark of my pregnancy and my water is braking. They got me into a room and everything was a big blur from there on. There are a few things that I do remember in the ER room. They tested my pants and underwear with those test strips to see if it was amniotic fluid that came out and that tested positive. A lady dressed like she just came off an ambulance came in to check on me asked me a few questions about what has happened in the last few days and said to me "Well be thankful you at least have one beautiful baby". I looked at her and told her "I have two beautiful baby's, now get me someone who knows what they are doing" (I didn't like her too much after she made that comment to me). They kept telling me that they wanted to do ANOTHER pap but didn't have the equipment to do it, But they where going to do it anyways..... LISA... My God sent friend. She came running into my room and just wrapped me up in her arms. At that time I don't think I have ever gotten a hug so big. I truly felt like God was there holding me at that very moment. I didn't even know that Rob had called her at that time, but he did and I was and am so thankful for that because she was one of our saving graces that day. She has been through some losses too. I know that one of her pregnancy was a loss right at 40 weeks... So needless to say she has traveled the road I was going down. She along with Rob where kicking the doc's in the butt to get me up to the 8th floor where they knew what the heck they where doing up there. Then I vividly remember taking the elevator up to the 8th floor and being put in a room all by myself just my and my baby......... I just layed there and held my belly just praying that God would keep him safe no matter what and that he wouldn't be in any pain. At this time Rob and Lisa where outside taking care of Robbie and getting him set up to go home with Lisa. This is when the Doc Lt. Taylor (another lady at who was God sent to me) came into the room and told me that she was sorry but she had to do a pap to see how everything was looking and to make sure everything was ok. She confirmed again that the water did brake and that I would be on bed rest at the hospital for a while. I then just remember being wheeled to my new room. I don't remember to much after the first day being there. I remember a few things here and there but what I do remember is that this was not just a normal day.

0 comments: