Monday, September 29, 2008

Up and at it

Well this morning I woke up to not a good morning. I fell asleep in bed with Robbie last night and to my surprise he had taken his nigh night underwear (a pull up) off before he had went to bed. So I got to wake up to be soaked in a pile of COLD WET PEE!!! Whoo nothing like starting your da off like that huhh? So note to self tell Rob I might be a little pissy today (hahaha just kidding). But anyways I got Robbie changed with some nigh night underwear on wiped him all up got him into a different bed and headed into his room (after changing myself and getting cleaned up) to start cleaning his bed with the cleaner. Well while I was sitting there cleaning his bed I was thinking to myself that instead of going back to bed I was going to get up for the day (5:30 am) and go out running. So that is what I did I got my shoes laced them up and got my MP3 player strapped to my arm and just had at it. It felt not so good. It has been a while since I have ran and my lungs just BURNED the whole time. I had to stop once because I started getting light headed but after that I was good to go. It didn't help that when I usually go running I take a bottle of water with me and we don't have any of that right now so I was a little off beat. But other then that I am SO HAPPY that I did it! Once I got done it felt GREAT!! REALLY tired right now but that is because I am ALL off on my sleep schedule due to people being in town for the last week.
So some things I found out that I REALLY HATE when I am running......
1. I HATE the smell of exhaust when people drive by you
2. I HATE the smell of cigarettes when you are running. I mean I hate the smell to begin with but when you running it is 10 times worse to me.
3. I need to change some songs on my MP3 Player because I was all in the mood and then all of a sudden a nice slow sleepy song comes on and throwes me ALL OFF I HATE that. So I guess there is note 2 for myself today... Change MP3 songs.
4. I HATE running in the dark. At least the sun was coming up a little little little bit but it still was very nerve racking.

Ok some of the things I did like
1. I DID IT. I got myself out of bed (kinda) (Thanks Robbie for peeing your bed) and did it!
2. Even though it was an early rise and I m sure I will be paying for it later with being tired and off my game.... I did it... and even though I walked a little bit... I DID IT!!
3. I LOVED being able to get out and go and not have to worry about Robbie wanting to go with me or having to ask Rob hey can you keep an eye on him.
4. I m done... I don't have to get out there again and do it until tomorrow... Unless I go again tonight which I just might do (but I know I will have Robbie if I do it tonight which is ok he LOVES to go supper fast in his stroller!!!)
5. I liked how it was cooler in the morning running then at night.
6. I LOVED how I felt like NO ONE was watching me because they where all in bed them selfs. The only people that wold or could see me where the ones leaving for work. And at that point WHO CARES because it was dark anyways they couldn't see me!!! haha

So I guess the likes and LOVES out weight the I HATES so it looks like I better get my butt back into gear and get a sleep schedule going so I can start waking up at 5:30 every morning!!

Almost 1 mile down and 12.1 more to learning how to run NON STOP!!!!

Oh yeah I am training to do a 13.1 mile run with my Sister and Beth!! I wish I could train with you guys. Oh well hopefully hear soon I will hear the words "We are going to Virginia" So I can go and start training on the real deal!!!

Have a good day all!!

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Britty... I am SO PROUD of you! Just a few things to remember...

1. You've just started, don't be so hard on yourself about needing to stop and walk. There are still days when I need to stop to catch my breath. The point is you're out there DOING it!

2. Don't worry about people watching you when you run, 9 times out of 10 they are thinking, "Man I wish I had her motivation to get out there and run!" And if they're thinking anything else... they're just jealous!

3. If you need song suggestions let me know, I've got some great "get up and go" songs.

And

4. Once you get to (or should I say hopefully get to) Virgina look for a running club. I am so blessed to have Beth as a running buddy and I know how hard it can be to try and train by yourself. A lot of times they have running clubs that will help you train for races. This will give you the chance to meet other people who share the same passion you have... RUNNING!

Keep it up Britt! I can't wait to cross the finish line with you!

Bonnie said...

Ick, sorry you had to wake up that way but look where it took you!! If you hadn't got woken up by cold pee you would never would have been able to run :o) Way to go Brittany!!!

Peaceful Chaoz said...

Good for you Brit! :0)

Beth said...

Yea! First let me say that I love the new background! Second, way to go! Keep it up...running is awesome! Can't wait to run the half-marathon with you guys.

Brittany said...

Beth~
I am looking forward to it too!! I will be making my way up that way for Bonnie's wedding!! I am going to be her photgrapher so maybe I can get a few run's in with you guys!!